Wednesday 3 November 2010

Rainy days and Sundays always get me down....


I've been feeling a bit blue this week. It always happens at this time of year with the nights drawing in and less sunlight to perk me up. Sunday openings have also started last weekend - bye bye life! It's at this time of year that working in retail really sucks. Not only are we open extra days, it's busier in the store and the travelling to and from Manchester takes longer due to bad weather. The result is an extra tired and grumpy me.

Most people are looking forward to a few days off for Christmas to spend time with family and friends and we get a joyful whole two days off. By the time we get to Christmas I'll be so tired that all I want to do is curl up in bed! If I do get to see friends and family I don't feel they get to see the real me - just the ghost of me, sometimes I'm so tired I can barely function.

This year I'm trying to banish the winter blues by creating some really good offers for the shop & website so that at least we shall get some pennies for all our hard work. I'm not going to the Clothes Show and focussing on the shop instead - hopefully I might save my sanity!

I've created a shop rota, calling on favours from my work experience students to save me from Sunday hell - but I'll still work about 1 in 3 Sundays and have to be on the end of the phone so I won't be able to properly relax. But I'm going to be stocking up on lovely Lush products to see me through the blues - nothing as relaxing and rewarding as a hot bubble bath at the end of a stressful day.

Music is another thing to get me through the long days - days which seem a struggle from beginning to end can be put into perspective with the help of great tracks like Wonderful Life from Hurts.




No comments:

Post a Comment