Tuesday 2 November 2010

Velvet Vision

I'm feeling velvet right now. A customer came into the shop on Saturday with a beautiful green velvet top (a piece she stole from her grandmother's wardrobe) , Urban Outfitters have just released this gorgeous dress:


At £150 its a bit out of my price range, and i think the shape would make me look pregnant (I'd belt it). But I love the luxury feel with the lace collar detail it would be a great Christmas party piece. It makes me remember a few vintage velvet pieces I have stashed in the loft - time to dig out the black velvet maxi dress and the aubergine shift with the thigh split......

I seem to remember I have some velvet at the studio, I might have to find it and create a few swing dresses - I even have lace collars...watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment