Friday 21 January 2011

2011 - The Story So Far...

So my last post was 1st December and that sounds about right - since then I've been ill - yep all that time.

I can't even say that I'm feeling completely better now - it's been absolute hell. The cold and sinus infection I started with back in November just spiralled completely out of control with 2 courses of antibiotics and 2 courses of steroids failing miserably. It has taken a trip to the hospital an encounter with an endoscope and a course of very strong anti-biotics (still ongoing) to get me to the well-ish version of myself now able to speak and write in sentences.

But the thing which I think has made more difference than anything is rest. It's so difficult being ill in a small business, especially at Christmas time and when I first got sick I battled on regardless. Let this be a lesson to other business owners out there.......

Sometimes you just need to take time out of the business for yourself. 

I've now had almost 2 weeks away from the shop and the pressures of day-to-day work. I can't say I've been completely work free - I managed to make 6 dresses yesterday and will be doing the same later. I've also had emails and promotion to keep on top of and done some drawings for the new collection. But generally I've been just doing what I feel up to and it's become apparent that with the combination of the illness and medications (plus the accumilation of too much hard work) I'm completely exhausted.

I'm going to be having my first day back tomorrow after a failed attempt earlier in the week (the car failing to start actually was in my favour for once!) I'm going to be taking it easy though. I've had a few false starts when I went back to work too soon and ended up worse than ever. But I'm hoping that now I'm on the right medication and am more well-rested I should have the strength to see me through the day.

So what have I been doing on my sickbed? Watching DVD's - Harry Potter, Eclipse and series 5 of Roseanne have been keeping me entertained. Oh and I finished my crochet sofa throw and have started a second one...


2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooh! I'm liking the tweaking! :D I'm also having Crochet envy! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers, still trying to find the motivation for more posts!

    ReplyDelete