Sunday 27 February 2011

Tea and Crochet Lessons



It doesn't seem long since I taught myself to crochet and now I've been passing on the skill to a friend, Lucy over at Vanilla Ivy. I kind of misssed out on most of Christmas and still had Christmas presents to swop so we managed to grab a couple of hours in half term, sharing tea, gossip and love of crafting - see her post here. Although it was more of a crochet taster, I managed to pass on enough for her to be able to grasp the basics and able to master it through the use of YouTube tutorials.

It also gave me the opportunity to try out my new tea cups. I've been getting back into drinking "proper" tea leaves again and fancied some nice china cups. They went on our Christmas list this year but we ended up with the money to choose our own - which worked out prefectly as it took a while to disover cups that we both liked!



 We finally settled on some Wedgwood tea cups I spied on eBay. Designed by Ralph Lauren, the range is called Annalia and I fell in love with the floral design and muted colours. The only problem was they were listed without saucers. A little snooping around in the sellers shop and I discovered some perfect saucers - also by Wedgewood, just a different range. I like the mis-matched look so am now on the hunt for similarly ecclectic sugar bowls, jugs and teapots and a nice tray so I have a nice new set of tea things! At least if anything gets broken I don't have to worry about getting a perfect match!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a lovely afternoon! I'm thrilled to be able to add a new craft to my list :D Those tea cups made the tea taste all the more super! :D
    See you soon! xx

    ReplyDelete