Wednesday 9 March 2011

New Look for Spring...

I've not bought much lately, I've had quite a thifty start to the year. But one thing I did splash out on recently was this cute belt from Topshop.


I managed to call on a cheeky favour on a friend who works there, using her discount card to get it down to £12 - well that's like only a tenner - bargain!! Adding a new belt to my wardrobe seems like a bit of an indulgence but it's managed to inject a new twist into quite a few vintage items I've not worn much. Perfect with my sleeveless white waffle weave dress - I like that whole white / tan thing, it gives a fresh spring feeling and I've also been making some white dresses for the shop. There's a big trend for neutrals at the moment but beige has never been my colour. I much prefer white, cream or peachy pink.



Talking of peachy pink, I spied these beautiful gloves, also on the Topshop website. I really like these and they would look fab with my Burberry Trench Coat (vintage 50's mens, nicked from Gordon's Dad). But I'm hoping to not need gloves for much longer so I've managed to resist - here's hoping they get reduced in the next sale!



Now I run the risk of looking like a Topshop clone, but I really like this skirt. Whenever I'm at the shop I wear Me&Yu t-shirts or vests and this simple skirt would be a great addition to my wardrobe - perfect for showing off all our latest designs. 


But I'm not sure if the skirts too similar to my brown trousers, recently re-discovered in the loft clear out. I've been wearing them rolled up, grey Artist vest tucked in, tan heart belt and blue pointelle cardigan from Upper 5th - perfect Spring outfit!


Cardigan by Upper 5th 
(mines similar but has blue buttons and gold bows)

No comments:

Post a Comment